Cooking and I have a love/hate relationship. I shouldn't say that, I love cooking, but I wouldn't say that I have a diverse palate.
I have a ton of cookbooks (these aren't all of them and the Seduced by Bacon cookbook is J's...don't ask what's in it I gag every time I look at it)
There was a period of time a few years ago where I cooked nightly, where leftovers became my meal the next day and my over and stove where my best friends. Then came financially tough times that required me to work two jobs just to keep bills paid, so cooking and I sort of lost touch. While I am still working two jobs, I am not able to not work my second job so much, so cooking and I are getting reacquainted. And with us joining a CSA this coming growing season, I am looking forward to more cooking and more exploring. I just hope my meat and potatoes husband is game too.
Tonight, I am making salmon filets (frozen sadly; fresh is amazing), broccoli, and sweet potatoes. Now those who know me also know that this time last year I completely cut out sweets and carbs in a last ditch effort to drop 20 pounds by our March vacation (it worked, but I hated every minute of it). I am working on learning more about what good carbs I can eat and what will benefit me but not cause my insulin resistance to start screaming at me. I love sweet potatoes. Next to broccoli they might be my favorite vegetable. Sweet potatoes are actually a good starch in moderation. So tonight's will be cut in quarters and served with salmon and broccoli the next couple nights and then with left over chicken tacos for lunch tomorrow and dinner Thursday.
Broccoli is by far my favorite vegetable, well maybe cucumbers. I love vegetables...obviously. Tonight I steamed two bunches, minced 4 cloves of garlic, and mixed them all together with olive oil. The one thing I wish I had grabbed at the store this afternoon was some fresh Parmesan cheese, we had some of the canned stuff in the fridge, but I have no idea how long it's been in there and it doesn't smell too pleasant, so that unfortunately got dumped in the trash, but I saved the contained to use for fresh (yay!)
I had leftover salad for lunch today, I am not a fan of bagged salad; more on that another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment