Heart Background.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pretty Good Weekend

This past weekend was spent mostly vegging around the house and getting housework done. I'd wanted to go to Philly to go to Bobby Flay's Burger Palace, but J woke up really late (I was up at 5:45 because I had to drive north for blood work), so that idea what quickly nixed and we ended up watching Hell's Kitchen and I went to bed early on Saturday.

I guess I should explain why I wanted to go to Bobby's Burger Palace. You see, for about a month I have been craving a burger topped with guacamole, cheddar cheese, bacon, a thick slice of red onion, and lettuce, and then topped with a chipotle mayo. Basically, a California burger. With a side of thick sliced onion rings. Don't ask, I usually do not have such specific hankerings for anything. So I thought, "Hey we haven't gone up to Philly in a long time, and J likes Bobby Flay and I want a burger, let's go." He was readily agreeable initially. Then he realized that it was 2 hours there and he doesn't like big cities (I am a city girl, but a county girl at heart.) and he spends most of the week commuting, so he said no. Of course I got pouty and whiny, because I had my heart set on going, but it's ok. Another time.

                                                    (The LA Burger at Bobby's Burger Palace)

This weekend, like I said was very lazy for us. I was down and out from my blood work results, not going to Philly (except I say it PHILLAY!!! like Marshall in How I Met Your Mother), not getting my burger, and then not going to the concert that was supposed to be the substitute for the burger. I did get a lot of cleaning done around the house and prepped my lunches for the week, and made a suitable substitute for the burger with a chicken breast topped with crisp applewood bacon, my homemade guacamole, and cheddar cheese with a side salad. It wasn't what I wanted but a good, and healthy, substitute. And Sunday I went to Ruby Tuesday and tried their Avocado Burger; it did not at all live up to my expectations or desires.

So I have all my salads packed for this week. I have a staff meeting tonight so when I get home I am going to cook something simple for dinner that I can take to work tomorrow night. I only took a picture of my lunch right before I ate it.


I packed my usual salad with red peppers, broccoli florets, and cucumber slices. Topped it off with some Tuna for protein and an olive oil vinegarette. In terms of snacks, I packed my usual celery with peanut butter, Ann's House Energy Mix, a mozerella stick, and 2 small Dove sugar free chocolates for my sweet fix later.

It's going to be a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment