Heart Background.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Lesson Learned

This morning was terrible for me. Actually, it all goes back to last night at work. I am not very happy with my current part time job. I used to love it, it was something I looked forward to and loved the people I worked with loved the job I did. Over the last few months though it hasn't gone very well. I took a leave to pursue another part time job in April and returned in September because I needed the extra money and the discount for wedding expenses. Then the manager that had been running the store since I left transferred. The new manager seemed like he was going to work out, however over the holidays it has become evident that the same standards we were used to having were no longer there and were replaced with lower standards.

So long story short, I ended up having to call the district manager because I was missing supplies I needed to effectively complete my job. So on top of my emotionally draining full time job, my part time job which used to give me energy has now become a drain. I am actively seeking part-time employment elsewhere. I didn't get home until 10:30, had a terrible night's sleep because I'm stressing over my blood work tomorrow and having to get up early tomorrow morning. I ended up waking up at 6:30, with very little time to pack more than a snack.

This morning, I stopped at the neighborhood convenience store grabbed a salad, breakfast, and some cheese and pepperoni. Plugged everything into my nifty nutrition tracker on , SparkPeople, and YOWZA! Who knew a salad and scrambled egg bowl could have so many calories and fat (not that I should be surprised because of the pepperoni and cheese)! So the lesson for today is simply when I pack my lunch and make my own salads, I have more control over what I am eating than if I stop and get something because I didn't have time. This weekend I am going to finish chopping up my veggies and prepare my salads and lunch for the week. I am also thinking about trying to make these delightful egg muffins I found on Pinterest. I was trying to get a picture, but the site is not letting me access the board it is posted on.
My ear buds and armband come in today, and I am going up north tomorrow so maybe I will go for a run at one of my two favorite old running sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment