This week has been beyond crazy! I haven't really had much time to sit down and think, yet alone sit down and come up with something interesting to write about. I thought about posting some of my passive aggressive notes that I write on occasion when I am annoyed by something that a stranger has done, but that's for another day. I thought about writing about my new kind size bed and the greatness of it, but that's kind of boring. I've read a couple books I thought I might review, but realized I hated book reports in school, so the idea of reviewing a book right now seems boring. Then there is Josie, who is sitting by me as I write this, whom is affectionately called "the pissy pussy" by the boys and friends, but she may not like that.
I really have nothing to write about other than the insanity that is going on between both my jobs at the moment, and really I'd like to leave work off my blog since it is taking up too much of my time as it currently stands. I am actually laughing to myself at the moment because when I set my March goals, I said I was going to try to write in my journal more often and blog at least once a week. I've been doing a lot better with the blog thing; not so much the journal thing. Whoops.
Actually, I do want to kind of vent about something. On my way home I stopped at a fast food taco place for dinner because I had a massive craving for tacos. (I know, Mom! I've just lost 20 pounds and want to lose another 15, tacos aren't going to help me!) I pull up place my order, and pull around. To kill time, I pull out my phone and start catching up on Twitter and Facebook when I hear someone yelling. The lady behind me is yelling at the guy taking her order! And I don't mean shouting her order because she thinks the system is wacky, but yelling "No that's not what I (f bomb) want! I want 20 (f bomb) pieces!" I didn't catch the rest of it because it was my turn to pull up to the window, but I almost got out of my car to say "Lady! He's taking your order and trying to make sure it is correct, if it is not correct just say it is not correct and hope he's not spitting in your food!"
I've worked in customer service pretty much from the time I could legally work. Nothing annoys me more when customers get impatient with employees. Just because you're having a bad day is no excuse to take it out on other people. We're always told to put a smile on our face and just deal with it. Well why can't customers just put a smile on their face and deal with whatever crap they have going on in their lives instead of venting it out on the innocent salesperson?
I had a lady a few years ago yell at me because instead of talking to her, I told the associate she was dealing with the answer. Keep in mind I was on another register with another customer. It's that kind of thing that annoys me to no end working in retail. The customer is NOT always right and they are not entitled to anything.
But let's not get me started on people and their inflated sense of entitlement.
Well I am off to catch up on all the stuff I missed this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment