Heart Background.

Monday, January 17, 2011

It's A Great Day

I have been walking around singing Travis Tritt's "Great Day to Be Alive" lately. Our household decided to start eating better this year. So far so good, well except for jerkface, but he has to have his snacky food if he is going to attempt to quit smoking. I am down just over 10 pounds and I feel great, despite the cold that I am currently fighting.

This year I am extremely hopeful, I had 2 things I wanted last year, I wanted a job that I love. Check. And I wanted to get pregnant...eh not so much. But I am working on that. I could dedicate a blog entirely to my desire to be a mother, but I really don't want to dwell on it. This year for me is about making changes. I am choosing not to let the small stuff stress me out. I am choosing to learn rather than being so focused on questioning my every decision. I am choosing to not stress over the things I have no control over. This year for me is about less stress and an open mind.

I've been writing in my paper journal almost daily. It is where I keep my thoughts and insecurities. Maybe someday I will open up, but probably not. I miss writing. I miss researching and taking that research and formulating my own thoughts on the material. Growing up, I wanted so badly to be a journalist. I even started taking journalism classes in college, but the classes I was taking wasn't the type of writing I wanted to do. I found communications as the closest thing. I am currently reading the Millennium Series (aka The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), and there is a lot of investigative journalism in the series. I don't know if that is what has lead to the renewed interest, or if it is simply because I used to do a lot of writing and haven't done as much lately....I also used to have a much larger vocabulary.

I've been toying with the idea of taking some classes for fun. Although, I really do want to finish my pre-req's for nursing school. I miss school terribly. There is nothing I love more than learning, ok I love my dogs more than I love learning. I have toyed with going back for a master's in community counseling or social work.

There is absolutely no continuity to this blog at all. But it is a great day to be alive. And I am excited for what 2011 holds for me, for my household, for my little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment